Check out these Hard Water images:
Revell 1/72 DH-2, partially assembled, from aft
Image by wbaiv
I remember failing miserably when I tried to build this back in 1967 or so- even harder than the Hawk (?) Spad XIII that I got together somehow using tube glue in 1965!
Note out-of-scale hair…
I painted all the parts at least one coat, probably 2, on the trees, before I cut them out. The sharp tan edging is where I sanded the leading and trailing edges straight. I should probably nick the (molded in one piece) joint between the struts in the tail boom and the boom tubing, and rotate the struts to lie parallel with the wing struts and the line of flight. Less drag that way. But check references first, and apply some Testor’s non toxic (blue label) liquid cement to allow the plastic to twist without breaking…
Image by foshydog
This little experiment was on the strobist blog and seemed too easy to not try it. I think i will try this again with the water being in a dark pot as opposed to the clear glass dish I used. I took a bunch of these shots and only a few came out really sharp like this. It is hard as heck to manually focus on the right area.
strobist info: flash camera left at 1/32 power into a piece of white paper.